Thursday, March 20, 2008

MY FIRST EXERCISES.....

Your score is 68%.Some of your answers are incorrect. Incorrect
answers have been left in place for you to change.
A Trekking JournalNovember
12, 1997Today (be) is the second day of my trek around Mount Annapurna. I am
exhausted and my legs (shake) are shaking ; I just hope I am able to complete
the trek. My feet (kill, really) me and my toes (bleed) are bleeding, but I
(want, still) still want to continue.Nepal is a fascinating country, but I have
a great deal to learn. Everything (be) is so different, and I (try) am trying to
adapt to the new way of life here. I (learn) am learning a little bit of the
language to make communication easier; unfortunately, I (learn, not) do not
learn foreign languages quickly. Although I (understand, not) much yet, I
believe that I (improve, gradually) .I (travel, currently) with Liam, a student
from Leeds University in England. He (be) is a nice guy, but impatient. He
(walk, always) ahead of me and (complain) complains that I am too slow. I (do)
my best to keep up with him, but he is younger and stronger than I am. Maybe, I
am just feeling sorry for myself because I am getting old.Right now, Liam (sit)
is sitting with the owner of the inn. They (discuss) are discussing the
differences between life in England and life in Nepal. I (know, not) do not know
the real name of the owner, but everybody (call, just) him Tam. Tam (speak)
speaks English very well and he (try) is trying to teach Liam some words in
Nepali. Every time Tam (say) says a new word, Liam (try) tries to repeat it.
Unfortunately, Liam (seem, also) to have difficulty learning foreign languages.
I just hope we don't get lost and have to ask for
directions.

No comments: